If you are an avid angler, you probably have noticed how the fishing kayak industry has exploded in the last few years. And for good reason. Fishing kayaks are portable, more stable than regular canoes, and a lot less expensive than power boats. And inflatable fishing kayaks take these qualities to the next level.
They are lightweight and extra portable, easy to manage, while also being just the right size to make them the perfect choice for anglers looking to go through trickier access points. The rise and rise of the inflatable fishing kayak has attracted many companies to the industry, and many of them now produce good quality products for anglers everywhere. However, this creates a problem: how do you decide which kayak will best suit your needs? Well, this is exactly why I scoured the net and came up with this list of the best inflatable fishing kayaks. If you have been confused about what to get, this list should provide you with all the answers that you seek.
BUYER’S GUIDE TO INFLATABLE FISHING KAYAKS
Before we get to the list of inflatable fishing kayaks, you need to know exactly what to look out for if you intend to get one. There are several factors you will need to consider before making a decision. Your choice of inflatable will depend on your fishing habits, your body size, any personal preferences, and whether you will be fishing solo or with a partner. Here are a few factors to consider:
– Length: Inflatable fishing kayaks that are 11 feet or less are more maneuverable than longer kayaks. Kayaks that are 12 feet and up are faster than shorter ones. Consider the waters where you intend to do the bulk of your fishing. If you will be fishing on big lakes or the ocean, go for speed over maneuverability. Also consider your own body type. If you are tall and heavy, go for a longer boat.
– Stability: If you plan to stand up as you fish, or if you have a bigger body, go for a wider model. However, you can sacrifice stability for better paddling power and speed by getting a narrower inflatable fishing kayak.
– Storage: If you have a lot of gear, consider getting an inflatable with integrated storage spaces. Visualize where you would put everything before committing to one.
– The Keel: A keel is the piece of plastic that sticks down into the water from the hull. Get a model with a keel if you plan to fish in open water or if you plan to troll-fish. Get a model without a keel if you plan to fish in shallow or rocky waters or if you like to fish standing up.
– Transportability: The lighter the inflatable kayak the easier it will be to transport. However, light kayaks may sacrifice some features, so be sure to strike a good balance. If you plan to fish solo or to transport it on an airplane, getting an inflatable kayak that you can easily carry or one with wheels to help you pull it would be the best way to go.
– Sit-in vs sit-on-top: Most inflatable kayaks are sit-in, but there are a few with a sit-on-top design. Sit-on-top inflatable kayaks allow you to have a better vantage point as you fish, and you also get a better range. Sit-in versions, on the other hand, have more storage space. The choice between these two is simply a matter of personal preference.
– Solo vs tandem: Solo inflatable fishing kayaks are perfect for one person. Tandem kayaks, on the other hand, have more space so you can bring a partner along, or simply take your pet or more fishing gear. If you choose to bring a partner, one of you should paddle while the other casts the line to increase your overall effectiveness. Some inflatable fishing kayaks are convertible, meaning they can go from solo to tandem to even accommodating three people depending on your needs.
You should also keep in mind that while inflatable fishing kayaks are much cheaper than their hard-bodied counterparts, they still come at a variety of price points. Which is why your overall budget will also come into play when making a selection. Just be sure to strike a good balance between price, performance and safety.
REVIEWS OF THE BEST INFLATABLE FISHING KAYAKS
1. Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak with Deluxe Package
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE
The Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak is definitely one of the most convenient inflatable kayaks money can buy. It is a simple model that is very easy to set up, so anyone can use it. This makes it the perfect choice for beginners and experienced anglers alike.
This kayak handles beautifully on the water. Turning and maneuvering with it is a simple and straightforward exercise, and it will go over just about anything with ease. This makes it the perfect companion for exploring, fishing, or simply spending a relaxing day floating lazily on the lake.
At 11’ 2’’ long, 2’ 10’’ wide and a 500lb capacity, this kayak is very versatile and surprisingly light at only 26lbs. It is stable, easy to lift, very comfortable and very compact while also allowing for easy entry and exit.
The material used in its construction is extra thick 33mm PolyKrylar, which makes it very tough. The floor of the boat is made using I-Bean construction technology, giving it extra rigidity. The strength, rigidity and stability of this inflatable means that you can even stand and fish on it if you want to.
Here are a few other features that make the Sea Eagle 330 a fantastic choice:
– It comes with a self-bailing drain valve that allows you to easily let out any water that gets into the boat. So you will not have to worry about getting weighed down with too much water or water getting into your stuff because you can’t get it out fast enough.
– When you buy it you also get 2 paddles, 2 kayak seats, a foot pump, a storage bag, a standard repair kit and an instructional manual. All you need after that is to simply grab your fishing gear and probably a life jacket then immediately hit the water.
– It comes with a 3-year warranty and a 180 day no risk money back guarantee from Sea Eagle. This just goes to show that you can expect nothing but quality, or your money back.
The Sea Eagle 330 is pretty impressive for its price point, which makes it the perfect budget inflatable kayak. So if you have been trying to figure out whether you actually enjoy kayaking, and have been looking for an affordable inflatable kayak option that has great quality, this is the model to get.
You are absolutely going to love its versatility, because it handles well in a wide variety of water situations. If you would like to find out what other users of this inflatable thought about it, you can check out this Amazon listing. Click below to find out what it currently costs if you are interested in getting it.
2. Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak Pro Package
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE
The Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak Pro looks a lot like its counterpart, the Sea Eagle 330. However, there are a few key differences between them: the SE370 is larger, heavier, and can hold an extra 150lbs.
It is 12’ 2’’ long, 2’ 10’’ wide with a load capacity of 650lbs. It weighs only 32lbs, which makes it a very portable tandem inflatable kayak. Expect stability, comfort, great maneuverability, and very easy entry and exit with this inflatable kayak. You will also absolutely love how easy it is to lift.
It is made of extra thick 33mm PolyKrylar material which makes it extra tough and resistant to puncture. The internal floor is constructed with I-Beams to give it that added rigidity. This means that this boat is strong and tough and can take a lot of torture before falling apart. Once you buy it, you will be using it for a very long time. There is a reason why Sea Eagle is confident enough to give a 3-year warranty and a 180 day no risk money back guarantee on all their products.
Apart from all that, it has a very impressive set of features that give it a competitive edge over other similar inflatables. Here are some of them:
– It has a self-bailing drain valve to help you quickly rid it of excess water when the need arises. So you will never get to the point of frantically bucketing out water from the boat after everything inside is already too wet to salvage.
– It comes with 2 paddles, 2 kayak seats, a foot pump and a storage bag. So once you buy it, you can immediately grab your fishing gear and hit the water because you have everything you need!
– It can handle a lot of weight. You can easily load it up with as much gear as you want, and add the weight of two adults, and as long as everything is below 650 pounds, you can comfortably hit the water without the fear of sinking.
– It also maneuvers really well. You can easily make quick turns and paddle with ease. Plus, the tracking on it is very impressive for its price range.
– I know I have mentioned this before, but it is extremely lightweight for a two-person kayak. This makes it the perfect addition to bring with you anywhere you want to go. The best part is that it rolls up really well into a nice tiny package that a single person can swing across their shoulder and walk around with it. This means you can also bring it with you on a plane.
– The seats can be moved around. If you are on a solo mission, you can remove one of the seats and have more space for your gear. It is very easy to adapt it to your needs, whatever they may be.
– The Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Sport Kayak Pro Package comes with deluxe seats that make a world of difference when compared with the regular seats from the other packages. The deluxe seats are extremely comfortable and definitely worth the little bit of extra money, especially if you are going to be on the water for extended periods or if you get back aches and neck pains from sitting down too long.
These impressive features along with the fact that you can use it in virtually all water types make this inflatable kayak an amazing value purchase at its price point. Sea Eagle kayaks are not high end kayaks. However, they are tough, sturdy and extremely hard to puncture. If you have been looking for the perfect balance of quality and value, this is it.
If the SE370 sounds like something you would be interested in, you can take a look at its price by clicking on the Amazon listing below. This is also a great way to read all about what other reviewers have thought about this product.
3. Elkton Outdoors Cormorant 2 Person Tandem Inflatable Fishing Kayak
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE
If you have been looking for the perfect 2-person tandem inflatable fishing kayak, the Elkton Outdoors Cormorant is it. It offers versatility, stability, ease of use, great performance, and a great price all rolled into one, which makes it have the best all round value for its price range.
This inflatable kayak is very roomy, with enough accommodation space for two passengers and their gear. At 10’ long and a maximum capacity of 470lbs, it weighs only 27lbs. This makes it absolutely easy to carry around with you as you try to find the best spot to hit the water from or when you are making the trip back to your car after a successful day out.
Here are some of the best features you can expect from his boat:
– It is fully equipped for fishing expeditions. When you buy it, you can immediately grab your gear and hit the water because it has everything you need in an all in one package.
– Besides the basic stuff, you also get six rod holders, two double-sided oars, two seats and an air pump. This is hands down one of the best value for money boats you can buy.
– It is very light for a tandem kayak. You can easily bring it with you anywhere you want to go. It also rolls up really well into a tiny package that you can fit into the bag it comes with. This means you can even take it with you on a plane.
– The seats it comes with can also be easily moved around and adjusted to suit your needs. If you want to use it as a solo kayak, simply remove one of the seats and you immediately have a much roomier kayak that you can load up with a lot more gear.
– It has impressive on water performance. It maneuvers beautifully, and it handles really well over a wide variety of water situations. You can easily use it over both deep and shallow waters, and it will also handle equally well over not-so-calm rivers with some structure or rocks underneath.
This impressive list of features is the reason why this inflatable kayak has such great reviews and rati0ngs online. The best part about this boat is that it is priced way lower than other similar inflatables. If you want to find out what its current price is, or you simply want to take a look at what other happy customers have said about it, you can check it out on Amazon by clicking on the link below.
4. Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler Kayak
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE
The Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler Kayak comes with an aluminum rib-frame, which gives it unmatched tracking capabilities and performance.
At 9’ 8’’ long, 2’ 11’’ wide and a maximum capacity of 300lbs, it is built almost entirely from high-quality, multi-layer fabric, which makes it weigh in at 41lbs. Here is a list of some other awesome features that make the Advanced Elements Straitedge such an impressive inflatable fishing kayak:
– It has a very comfortable, high back seat that gives you an awesome vantage point and greatly increases your reach as you fish. The seat that you get with this kayak is one of the best you can get from any regular-priced inflatable kayak. This is actually one of its greatest selling points. You can sit in this boat for hours without cramping.
– It comes with a set of reliable stainless steel D rings and sturdy bungee lacing to help you keep things organized. You can rest assured that all your gear and accessories will stay exactly where you place them no matter what happens on board.
– It is extremely stable for an inflatable kayak. You can stand and fish in it if you want. In fact, you can even easily lie down in it and have a nap without having to worry about a thing.
– You also get a rail mount for adding additional mountable gear to your kayak. However, this feature is optional. It totally depends on what your personal preferences are and if you are willing to pay a little extra cash for added slots and mounts.
– By design, it can accommodate rod holders, a fish finder and other necessary equipment.
When you add all this to the fact that it has multiple air chambers and special anti-abrasion pads that make it almost puncture proof, you get a very well-made kayak that is extremely stable and handles very well even in extreme conditions. Which is exactly why it has such impressive ratings and reviews everywhere you look. You can check out the Amazon listing below to see what other users say about it:
5. NRS Pike Angler IK Inflatable Fishing Kayak- Green
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE
If you are on the market for an inflatable fishing kayak that you can use to target a wide variety of fish, the NRS Pike Angler IK is the perfect pick for the job, so don’t be fooled by the name!
At 12’ 8’’ long, 3’ 3’’ wide and a maximum weight capacity of 400lbs, this inflatable kayak is pretty light at only 35 lbs. It is a solo angler boat with provisions for gear storage and is made of thick, abrasion-resistant PVC.
That’s not all. Here are some other awesome features you can expect to find with this boat:
– It has a unique removable floor made of 4-inch thick drop-stitch pad that is strong enough to support a standing angler. This makes it very easy to clean and also reduces the drying time by a huge margin.
– It has a comfortable, collapsible seat that can be positioned any way you like. You can also completely remove the seat from the boat of you want. The seat is also relatively high when compared to other similar models, which makes it perfect for you if you have some lower back issues and you still want to enjoy fishing for long hours.
– It has a set of three Scotty mount pads for mounting fish finders, rod holders along with any other gear you would like to bring with you on board.
– It is very roomy, with enough space to accommodate your tackle box, your backpack, and even a small cooler. Generally speaking, you get more storage space in this solo inflatable that you would from most similar solo boats. It even beats some tandem boats.
– It is quite lightweight considering all the features that have been bundled into it. Plus, it comes with two handles for convenient carrying and transportation to make your work a lot easier.
As you can see, there is a lot to love about this product. Perhaps the only downside to it is that it is a little heavy when compared to some of the other inflatable fishing kayaks on this list. But that is only because of the high quality double-sided materials that have been used in its construction to guarantee its safety and stability. A few extra pounds are definitely a small price to pay for that.
All that, along with the rave reviews it has consistently gotten on Amazon have earned it a place on this list. You can check out its Amazon listing below to find out what its current price is:
So there you have it. This list of the best inflatable fishing kayaks outlines everything you need to know about these kayaks before making an informed purchase.
Inflatables are a cheap, convenient way to enjoy the joys of fishing. The best part is that most of them have all the features that regular hard body kayaks have, and sometimes have even better features. So if you want to make sure your next fishing expedition is fun, and memorable while staying within an affordable budget, be sure to get one of these beauties.